The hired Benchmark Project Manager will have demonstrated strength in the areas of humility, great work ethic and decorum, and will be a professional prepared to take on the rigorous and multifaceted responsibilities of managing projects in the glazing contracting industry. This ideal team player will be supported by Benchmark Leadership, equipped, and trained in our team’s proprietary Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and encouraged to prosper within our unique business model.
The work culture of Benchmark is one of teamwork, where each team member is to practice the virtues of humility, great work ethic and decorum. Benchmark team members will be held to a high degree of accountability to participate and prosper within our teamwork model.
- The Project Manager reports to the Operations Manager
- This is a Salaried, full-time position and eligible for Benchmark’s comprehensive benefit package
Assignment and Initial Responsibilities
- Participate with Operations Manager in project handoff from sales
- Participate with Operations Manager in preparation of Project Schedule
- Prior to Execution of any Submittals, Shop Drawings or actual work, be completely familiar with BBEI Proposals, Contract Requirements and Schedule requirements
- Assure that all Contract Documents are up to date and keep them updated throughout the project
- At all times maintain adherence to BBEI proprietary SOP and daily update each project’s MSU
Coordination and Execution
- Respond timely to RFIs, changes in the work, including initial response, preparation of Change Proposals and tracking any Change to receipt of Change Order using BBEI CCP Log
- Track and update changes to documents required by Customer Changes, ASI, CCD, etc. Log every update on the Cover Sheet of the document
- Prepare, organize and submit all submittal items not previously submitted by Sales Team and track to approval. Submit materials as required by Customer Subcontracts. Where these differ from what was used in BBEI Proposals, discuss with Operations Manager prior to submittal
- Procure and oversee preparation of shop drawings and engineering if needed. Track to approval using BBEI Submittal Log
- Coordinate the timing and taking of all field measurements/detailing and incorporation into BBEI shop drawings. Attend onsite meetings whether scheduled or otherwise to represent the interests of company. Review minutes and publish corrections as needed. Visit jobsite weekly
- Preparation of stock length, accessory, and glass orders, and fabrication packages
- Procurement of material and labor. Preparation of Purchase Orders and Subcontracts, as applicable, for all purchases
- Coordinate with Field Superintendent on all Field Labor Activities including material/equipment needs
- Coordinate project billing with Finance team and maintain Cost management and budget comparisons for assigned jobs
Communication and Correspondence
- Maintain and log customer, vendor and subcontractor communication, and correspondence
Closeout – Punchout
- Prepare and Submit Closeout Documentation
- Coordinate with Superintendent needs for prompt completion of punch lists
WANT TO EXPLORE THIS POSITION, LEARN ABOUT OUR TEAM, OR DISCUSS NEXT STEPS?
Contact Ben Paulding via phone at (301) 238-7878 xt. 151.
Apply Online: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=ddf50346632806ee&tk=1efcdm0e0st1s800