The successful Estimating Sales Staff (Estimator) candidate will have demonstrated a passion for providing customers white-glove service from “invitation to bid” to “project hand-off” to our Operations department. The Benchmark Estimator will be highly skilled in service-focused, interpersonal relationships, and a tenacious pursuer of facetime with the customer. The candidate will possess the skill and technical knowledge necessary to succeed in this position, and a desire to grow in this regard. Management is devoted to encourage, support, equip and train every team member so that all prosper within our unique teamwork-oriented business model.
The work culture of BENCHMARK is one of teamwork, where each team member is to practice the virtues of humility, great work ethic and decorum. BENCHMARK team members will be held to a high degree of accountability to participate and prosper within our teamwork model.
- The Estimator reports to the Sales Manager.
- This is a salaried position.
General Job Responsibilities
- Build and maintain excellent professional relationships with customers. Provide exceptional customer service
- Visit and collaborate with customers on Estimates and Proposals
- Collaborate with vendors, fabricators, installers, subcontractors on Estimates and Proposals
- Execute Estimating activities in strict accordance with BENCHMARK strategies consistently achieving quarterly/annual sales and revenue goals as communicated from your manager
- Prepare Cost Estimates in professional and easy to understand format
- Gather initial bid documents electronically and keep up to date until turnover to Operations
- Provide material and labor takeoffs for storefront, curtainwall, windows, panels, canopies, interior glazing packages for commercial, institutional projects in keeping with sales strategy
- Read and interpret Architectural, ID and Structural Drawings, Project Specifications, AAMA standards, and commercial glazing relevant ACSE standards
- Coordinate all communication and follow up with Sales Manager. Together, assure optimal opportunity to close jobs
- Excellent communication skills, including personal presentation, speaking, writing and negotiating
- Goals-oriented work ethic and teamwork-oriented demeanor
- Working knowledge of commercial construction
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in successful implementation of all above General Job Responsibilities
- Developing expert knowledge of storefront, curtainwall, glass, entrance, and panel systems and eager to keep on top of new products, standards and industry trends
- Developing expertise in determining adequate, competitive labor values necessary to complete storefront, curtainwall, fabrication, panel and interior work
- Ability to focus and give attention to detail, while not becoming overwhelmed by it
- Demonstrate that, over the past 3 years, has been adaptable, eager to learn, grow and attain greater responsibility as opportunities have arisen
- Provide professional and personal recommendations when requested
- Cool and relaxed demeanor. Gracious and patient under pressure
- Proficient computer skills, including email, filing, PDF document review, use of internet, and Microsoft Office
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Thank you for your interest!!
Apply online: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=322187cf632cf131&tk=1efcdm0e0st1s800